Need a Tooth Removed? Dr. Kim Performs Wisdom Teeth Extractions in Allen TX
A dental extraction is the procedure to remove a tooth from your mouth. A dental extraction is most commonly required if one of your teeth is damaged beyond practical repair or if there's an extremely impacted tooth, which is commonly your wisdom teeth. The most frequent reasons for tooth extractions include:
• Severe tooth decay or infection may make it impossible or too costly to repair a tooth
• Advanced gum disease may required a tooth to be pulled so it doesn’t affect the supporting tissues and bone structures of your mouth
• A tooth may be extracted if it is blocking other teeth from coming in
• During orthodontic work, teeth may need to be extracted to create room for the teeth that are being moved into place
• Wisdom teeth are often extracted either before or after they come in
What to expect
Dr. Kim will first administer anesthetic to numb the area and reduce discomfort. During the extraction, you will feel the pressure of the tooth being removed, but will not feel any pain. Typically, Dr. Kim is able to remove your tooth within a matter of minutes.
Immediately after the tooth extraction, a small amount of bleeding is normal and patch of gauze will be placed in the affected area. The area may bleed minimally for the next 24 hours or so and taper off after that. Follow Dr. Kim's instructions on how often to change the gauze, and what other post-procedure steps to follow.
If your teeth are causing you extreme and consistent pain, a wisdom teeth extraction in Allen TX may be the best option for your smile. Call Dedicated Dental at (972) 359-1300 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Kim today.